CSCI567 - Android Mobile Development
This course focuses on building apps for Android devices (e.g., phones, tablets) using Google's Android SDK. Course work will include several assignments intended to teach the aspects of Android that will give a basic foundation for App Development on Android followed by a final project of the student's choosing.
At the end of this course students will know how to:
- Make use of an IDE
- Make use of version control tools
- Make use of Issue Tracking Tools
- Make use of the Android SDK
- Know how to manage permissions
- Know how to create a UI
- Know how to manage code for different versions of Android
- Know how to handle background threaded tasks in Android
- Learn how to contribute to an open source project or develop their own Android app project.